We want to make this a forever smile...

We want to make this a forever smile...
We want to make this a forever smile...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

We've arrived!

After starting our Friday the 13th departure date with a cancelled flight and some VERY drunk passengers holding up the process, we have arrived in Kiev!:)  Thanks to my dad for rushing us to Chicago to catch our next flight, and even with a bit of time to spare...and thamks to American Airlines for finally realizing they could not reason with such intoxication, and booting them off the flight:)

The team that met us at the aiport was very friendly and helpful...they got us all settled in, to what is quite a cozy apartment.  Our facilitator made my day when the first thing he said to us after introductions was "I have a phone and internet modem for you."  Did you read my mind??  My worry was that communication with our daughters (and fam/friends:) would be difficult to impossible..thanks to him for easing that immediately..I have already spoken to my dad, and will talk to the girls today...just have to maneuver through this time difference issue:)

We feel really excited to be in the same country as our daughter!!  As the team explained, she is still very far away from where we are...but hey, we are together in one country...that's an improvement!!  We hope she knows that we're here..I hope she feels one ounce of the overwhelming emotion that I do..because if she does...we are in pretty good shape.  God led us to this point beginning in August 2010, and let me tell ya, He has a hold of my heart right now and it is just bursting with excitement!!  Our daughter...we soon will finally be with our daughter...and even better than that, within 1-2 months...we will be home with ALL 5 of our daughters...this is the only gift I will ever need..for the rest of my life..I'm set..sometimes I feel like these blessings are too much for one person..an amazing husband, 5 perfect daughters...I don't know why You gave them to me God, but I'll continue thanking you for the rest of my life...and then forever after that..

No comments:

Post a Comment