We want to make this a forever smile...

We want to make this a forever smile...
We want to make this a forever smile...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Our daughter was born on February 23, 1995...and today, God gave her to us.


I am not sure that I'm skilled enough to put into words just what today was..well, in fact, I am SURE that I am not...so I will do my best to try and share with you what it's like to meet your daughter for the very first time, yet KNOW that she has always been yours.

We got off the train about 8:50am, and took the 2 hour drive (let me say thank goodness for anxiety meds because 100 mph and no seat belts is NOT my idea of feeling secure:) to Dasha's orphanage.  When we passed through the city she was born in, my heart was racing...I imagined her running down the streets with her friends, laughing and playing.  I also let my mind wander to her life there, and whatever happened that lead her to the orphanage..but I had to let that go quickly because Mama (as Dasha calls me) was feeling the claws come out:)

When we pulled up to her orphanage, it was all Al & I could do not to swing open the car door, and roll out of the moving car:)  But we waited, and walked inside with poise.  We sat in the directors (a complete angel) office for a few minutes, waiting for our girl to come in.  The minute she did, tears flowed like crazy and she ran into our arms...she did not let go..which was just fine by us.  I couldn't stop kissing the top of her head, and looking at her unbelievably gorgeous face..the above picture is one my husband was smart enough to capture..we will treasure that forever..it is raw emotion.  Dasha was squeezing us SO hard...pure magic.

We got to spend about 2 hours with her.  She walked us all around, showed us where she sleeps, eats, and goes to school...our daughter would not let go of our hands..ever. She hugged us, she kissed our cheeks...she must have said "I love you" 100 times..."I love you Mama" " I love you Papa"..."Dasha happy"...

In our meeting with the director and inspector, they noted that Dasha resembled her papa (Al)...the smiles on both of their faces...I absolutely WILL NEVER FORGET THAT...for as long as I live.

We ended the day in the field..Al was laying on his side, my head was on top on his stomach (like a T) and our daughter was nestled in my arms..the 3 of us fell asleep until they came to get us..

This is a perfect day, and we have 5 perfect daughters.

2 comments:

  1. INCREDIBLE.......SO TOUCHING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here in Raleigh, NC crying at my desk! So thankful that I could be apart of this and love that you share on your blog so I can see God's miracle at hand.
    Hope you have a wonderful trip!
    Candice Craig

    ReplyDelete