We want to make this a forever smile...

We want to make this a forever smile...
We want to make this a forever smile...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

here we go again, just laying it all out there!

We spoke with our facilitator Friday, and learned that financially this next trip is going to be much more than what we'd originally anticipated. Initially, Al and I freaked out and wondered how on earth what seemed like the impossible, would become possible.  We cleaned out our savings account and used up all of our bank/friends/family resources for loans and donations for the $37,000 portion of our adoption...no one planned for this second portion, we certainly did not plan on having to file an appeal.

I've re-contacted all of the adoption foundations that I did last fall...and even found some new organizations that I've applied to.  Since we need to leave August 7, planning a fundraiser right now might not be possible.

This trip will cost approximately $9,000.  This does NOT include Dasha's trip home.  It does NOT include any costs we will incur through her transportation to/from the orphanage, to the city where the hearing will be held.  It does NOT include our airline tickets, which PRAISE THE LORD have been taken care of by wonderful new friends we met through the network of Ukrainian adopting parents (thank you SO much, you are beyond appreciated)!

If you feel in your heart that you want to donate/loan to this adoption..thank God and thank YOU!  Contributions can be sent directly to OJM at 5106 Lover's Lane Portage, MI 49002 (make sure to write Dasha).  It will be tax deductible, and will be a part of what brings our daughter home.

We do not like asking for money..though since beginning this process, I am sure you're inclined to believe otherwise.:)  We have been praying, and asking God to show us the way..His way..to make this happen.  I have been very against making this public knowledge...but 30 minutes ago I got an overwhelming feeling that I needed to get it on our blog.  I know the Lord wants this adoption.  I know He created Dasha so that she would be our daughter..so if reaching out for help again will make it happen, I will absolutely do that.

Thank you so much for your support & prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Danielle,
    I attend Hope Community Church and have been following your blog for awhile! I want to send some money!
    Who do I make my check out to? And what is OJM?
    Thanks!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete