We want to make this a forever smile...

We want to make this a forever smile...
We want to make this a forever smile...

Thursday, June 9, 2011

decisions decisions


I did not plan to blog about this, in fact, I planned NOT to.  But of course it has been on my mind constantly, and I've changed my thought process.  At first I thought..no point in telling people that there might be some hope, just to have to tell everyone, again, that our application was denied.  But I've realized that negativity has taken over me these last several days...and in an attempt to beat it, I am going to share some news & count on the power of prayer.  I am witness to the fact that prayer changes the world, every single day.

Because our facilitator is so persistent and skilled at his job, he went back after our second denial and plead our case again.  The judge requested some additional documents, which were gathered immediately and presented today.  The judge is reviewing our application and this supplemental paperwork, and we hope she has a change of heart and decides to grant us a hearing.  Normally, I'd follow this with "we will know tomorrow."  But after 4 days of hearing that, and it NOT being true..I will leave it at this..when we know, you will know too.

The range of emotions over this last week has been unimaginable.  We've experienced anger, sadness, happiness, hope, defeat, helplessness, frustration, more anger & sadness, emptiness, more defeat..and finally now, we are left with some hope.

Please pray for God to work on the heart of this judge.  Pray for Violet, who is looking and feeling defeated and sad.  Pray for our facilitator, that he may keep up his strength and perseverance.  Pray for my husband, that he would feel hope and energy as he is starting to lose steam...pray for our daughters (the 4 at home) that they would have some peace where they miss their daddy.  They are just dying to meet their sister, and see daddy..please pray that this is not too far off in the distance.  I'd also like to ask for prayers concerning my health.  I had an ultra sound on Tuesday, which revealed a mass on my liver.  Not too much is known at this point, as it is lodged between my liver and gall bladder.  I have an MRI on Tuesday, and hopefully we will learn more then.  Truth be told, I am not overly concerned...how blessed am I to be in the USA where we have amazing medical care:)

So...there is a prayer list (you're welcome Allie:)  Let's all pray for good news to come tomorrow, that Violet will be coming home SOON!

Thanks everyone, your support is amazingly appreciated!  

No comments:

Post a Comment