We want to make this a forever smile...

We want to make this a forever smile...
We want to make this a forever smile...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More news...

It appears that from Nov. 30-Feb. 1, Ukraine will not be accepting adoption applications/forms.  Clearly, this puts a big damper on our "get Dasha before she turns 16" plan.  We mailed in our I600-A yesterday, but there isn't even a 1% chance we could file in Ukraine before the 30th.  Luckily, our awesome adoption agent David is working SO HARD to make this adoption possible.  It looks like Al and I might be able to travel to Ukraine in a month-ish to register with the US Embassy in Ukraine, so that we are able to proceed with the adoption even after Dasha turns 16.  This would be a 2-3 day trip, and only to get us "in" before it's too late...Dasha still won't be home until February, or even March.  We took this as a blow initially, but are choosing to move forward with the utmost believe that DASHA IS OUR DAUGHTER, AND WILL BE COMING HOME.  Until an official looks me in the eye and says "no, the adoption will not happen and we will sue you for stalking"  I will push...I will call, write, email, whoever I have to, as many times as I have to...we will not give up, and we will not lose hope....

Thanks for the prayers & support!

No comments:

Post a Comment