We want to make this a forever smile...

We want to make this a forever smile...
We want to make this a forever smile...

Friday, November 12, 2010

Prayers Please

Good Morning All~

I had an extensive phone conversation with David (our adoption agent) last night.  After well over an hour, I hung up the phone feeling a little defeated.  

Our current timeline is this...I need to drive to Novi, MI today to pick up the home study (can't waste time in the mail).  I need to mail it to the US Immigration Office today and they need to have it by Monday.  Following that, every office/officer/official/agency that we deal with needs to work about 1-2 weeks faster than the normal schedule.  When we receive our invitation to be finger printed (for the 2nd time of 4:) we need to ignore the appointment time (which is typically 3 weeks out), head right into the selected location, and wait there until they agree to fingerprint us THAT DAY.  I will also be headed to Lansing to get about 27 documents apostilled, I'm sure they will be sooo glad to see me:)

So guess what, for 2 hours last night I panicked and let fear set in.  And then I slapped myself around and realized I WOULD NOT LET THIS HAPPEN.  Dasha is our daughter, and she IS coming home.  So instead of crying the night away, I re-organized every single paper and document we have.  They are separated into a timeline, we know what we have to do, and when.  For her adoption to be completed in time, we need everything to fall into place...without any delays, and with many items actually being expedited.  So that is what will happen...I am just asking for your prayers along the way...

Something worth noting...David (adoption agent) is very encouraging.  He is realistic and honest, and tells me that there cannot be mistakes or delays.  But he told me not to give up, just to move forward.  So that is the plan. I will trust David, the expert, in a process that is so overwhelming & intimidating it's easy to get lost in the mix...

Dasha~we will not give up...it's the least we can do, for a 15 year old girl who hasn't given up either.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh Dani, praying and praying and praying! Pleeease let me know if you need me to babysit while you drive to Lansing or run errands or just sleep for an hour :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete